Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Amazing, Delectable, Mouth-Wateringly Delicious GF Pecan Pancakes with Tropical Syrup

I like this recipe. A lot. I might actually fantasize about eating it every morning for the rest of my life. With every bite, I was shocked and amazed at how good it was. I must say though, under normal circumstances the contributing peices of this amazing breakfast/dessert should not be separated. Part of my awestruck wonder at how much I loved what I was chewing came from taste testing the syrup on it's own (a little yuck!), and then with plain pancakes, and then with pecan pancakes and syrup without the powdered sugar. I can't really explain it.  I just know that when combined, something magical happens. 
AND did I mention it was both easy and super low fat?

Amazing, Delectable, Mouth-Wateringly Delicious GF Pecan Pancakes with Tropical Syrup
For Pancakes follow my newest gluten free pancake recipe, with the optional addition of chopped pecans.


For Tropical Syrup

Ingredients:
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
juice from 1 orange (I don't have a orange squeezer, so this was just the juice I could squeeze be hand. I did not strain the juice)
juice from 1 lemon (Poured in 1-2 Tbs prepared juice each for both lemon and lime).
juice from 1 lime
1/2- 1 tsp cinnamon
Powdered sugar for dusting

Combine in a saucepan, boil 5 minutes. The end result will be thin, but that's good.
Dust your freshly made pecan pancakes with an ample amount of powdered sugar (corn- free if necessary), pour on the syrup and take a bite of sweet tropical heaven :)


In case you are wondering I am technically allergic to oranges, but thankfully it's one I can cheat on occasionally :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment