Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My "Cheater" Meal- Spaghetti

Everyone needs a break now and then, and I've always felt that despite the ease with which it is made, spaghetti with meat sauce retains a measure of cozy elegance that is difficult to beat. I can no longer enjoy tomato sauce, but I don't mind going with my back-up plan on occasion so my family can.
This particular night we made it extra easy- using paper plates for quick clean up!!! 

Super Simple Spaghetti

Ingredients:
2 8oz boxes rice spaghetti
1 1b ground turkey or beef
1 jar Prego Natural (I prefer the garden vegetable)
1 tsp sugar
2 Tbs water

Cook pasta according to package directions.
In a large skillet brown meat, drain. Add jar of sauce, sugar and water, and warm until heated through.
Serve meat sauce over cooked pasta.

Viola! Allergy friendly dinner in under 15 minutes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment