Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Taco Seasoning

Most seasoning packets contain soy or dextrose so I long ago began making my own. This recipe is delicious as is, but since I can't have garlic or onions I simply leave them out. Still great!!! I use wayfare sour cream in meals with this recipe. It is both soy and dairy free.















Taco Seasoning

Ingredients
1 Tbs red chili pepper powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper

1 lb ground beef or turkey

Mix seasonings in a small bowl and add in 2/3 cups water. 
Brown and crumble meat in a large skillet until thoroughly cooked. Stir seasoning mix to prevent bottom sludge and pour over browned meat, mixing well. Bring to a boil and turn heat low to simmer until water  cooked off. 

 Serve with nachos, burritos, taco salad (with corn (or potato) chips and sour cream- yum!) or in recipes calling for taco seasoning, along with your favorite toppings.

Recipe= 1 packet taco seasoning

Tip!!! If serving young children or someone who prefers very mild seasonings, you can "rinse" the finished product in warm water. The meat retains yummy mexican flavor without the zing!

1 comment:

  1. Loving the new blog! This looks exactly like the same taco seasoning I make, love it. Hope all is well with your new diet. I can only imagine how difficult it is to cook with all of those allergies. You constantly amaze me!

    ReplyDelete