Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Favorite GF Sandwich Bread

Today's recipe may be more of a pointer, but it's a good one :) I am in love with Pamela's Amazing Gluten-Free Bread Mix. 

I purchase this mix in bulk at my local health food store. The ingredients are generally safe for all diets: sorghum flour, tapioca flour, sweet rice flour, brown rice flour, organic natural evaporated cane sugar, chicory root, white rice flour, millet flour, honey & molasses, rice bran, sea salt, and xanthan gum. For more information, including baking directions for both oven and bread-maker, check out Pamela's web site: http://www.pamelasproducts.com 

This loaf was baked in my bread machine. I highly recommend investing in one of these if you are embarking on a gluten-free lifestyle (buying new is important to avoid contamination from prior loaves containing gluten). I used Ener-G egg replacer powder in the place of eggs, and one ounce less than water than the recipe calls for. The bread turned out soft and springy with a delightful crispness to the crust, and sooo tasty warm. The perfect sandwich bread. I have tried many, many recipes. Nothing can touch this mix. 


No comments:

Post a Comment